What are we looking for?
A bad-ass Journeyman or Apprentice Electrician
Where are we located?
Kahului, Maui and Kona, Hawaii
Who would you report to?
Kyle. He's our bad-ass Electrical Project Manager.
What kind of job is this?
Full-time...and then some. What can we say, we’re a growing company and have more on our plate than we can currently handle!
Who are we?
Remember the cartoon The Jetsons, as a kid? Or, how about the movie, Iron Man?
Both shows have a key commonality: they showcased really bad-ass homes that were souped up with the kind of technology that would blow your mind if that technology actually existed in real life.
Well, what was fiction is rapidly becoming real life. Consumer technology and smart home systems are evolving at a rapid pace, which means homes being built or renovated today and in the coming years are going to look more and more like those homes in the movies.
At Control Freaks Hawaii, we set out 17 years ago with a clear mission- to provide each and every one of our clients with a simple, reliable system and unparalleled customer service. We are incredibly passionate about one thing: Simplicity. . . when it comes to our systems, that is. We’ve spent years refining our team and processes to be able to provide home technology and automation that is both simple and reliable.
Are you a fanatic about customer service, but also love technology? What are you waiting for? Apply to become a part of our team!
What would a typical day look like?
As an Electrician at Control Freaks Hawaii, your time will be spent on jobsites doing everything from rough-in, trim, finish and service work. We are a residential and commercial electrical contractor so you will see a wide variety of electrical systems. Your goal in this position will be to handle your tasks in such a way that increases project efficiency and deliver safe, well functioning systems for our clients. You will work directly with your Project Manager and team to deliver on our project deadlines. Each day will have it's own set of challenges to overcome and we expect our team to be able to roll with it.
We are known for our high-quality installs, trustworthiness and our ability to deliver on our deadlines. We expect our teammembers to uphold those values. You will always be expected to treat our clients with patience and friendliness no matter how big or small their issue. An exceptional client experience is something we hold sacred at our company, so it is of the utmost importance that you be willing and able to serve as a helping hand for our clients.
What should you bring to the table?
- 1-2 years minimum working as an Electrical Apprentice.
- Journeyman Electrician are also welcome to apply.
- Your own hand-tools.
- A high school degree or GED equivalent
- Patient and friendly personality at all times;
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Resourceful and willing to patiently work through challenging situations;
- Ambition to strive for 100% client satisfaction at all times;
- Experience with Lutron HomeWorks and RadioRa is a plus, but not a requirement.
What do we bring to the table?
- Wages are based on experience.
- Specialty tools
- Work vehicle
- Health benefits (we don’t charge the 1.5% medical deduction);
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (vacation and sick time);
- 9 Major Holidays off;
- Paid training and schooling (where applicable);
- Life Insurance benefits;
- Employee discounts on equipment/retail purchases for personal use;
- An amazing team you’ll soon call family!
- Oh, and did we mention our kick-ass Christmas party?!
- Do you believe there’s always room for improvement? We are always in pursuit of perfection when it comes to the client experience.
- Do you believe in a culture of service? We pride ourselves on the level of service we provide and insist that every member of our team puts client service first and foremost.
- Are you happy to lend a helping hand? Service can be a thankless business - your drive to help needs to come from within.
- Are you frequently putting yourself in others’ shoes? We believe empathy and understanding are key to all phases of the client relationship.
- Can you keep a secret? Good, because our clients’ privacy is a top priority.
- Do you read from the teleprompter or do you write your own script? We’re not afraid to challenge the status quo and blaze our own trail.
- Do you pick up the ball that someone else may have dropped? We’re looking for people that own the company goals beyond just doing their job.
- Are you OK with making a mistake? We are too, as long as we learn from them and don’t repeat.